Welcome to TURNDOG TALKS TO: the time of the week where I interview people with a story to share.
Today I talk to Dan Miller: author, speaker, and general entrepreneur mastermind. This is in aid of The Successful Mistake, which involves me interviewing some of the world’s best business minds. Dan is most certainly one of these and I’m excited to hear his insight.
Dan and I discuss mistakes and how to come back from the brink. Let’s see what Dan has to say, shall we…
Dan is the author of the New York Times best-selling 48 Days To The Work You Love , No More Dreaded Mondays and the newly released Wisdom meets Passion. He has been a guest on CBS’ ‘The Early Show,’ MSNBC’s ‘Hardball with Chris Mathews,’ Moody MidDay Connection, and the Dave Ramsey Show. Dan has spoken at the White House Christian Fellowship, and is in high demand at national conferences on aging and changes in the workplace, and at universities and churches. Over 130,000 people have subscribed to his weekly newsletter, his 48 Days Podcast consistently ranks in the top 3 under Careers on iTunes, and the 48Days.net business community is viewed as an example around the world for those seeking to find – or create – work they love.
The Interview Overview
- Dan talks about losing it all when going into an industry that he didn’t have passion for
- It didn’t take much for the entire marketplace to change, and with it went Dan’s livelihood
- Dan talks about the road back, how hard it was, but the amazing help he received from people during these bad times
- He turned to the internet, started coaching people, and slowly but surely built his brand once again
- We discuss being open and honest with people, letting others in – even when vulnerable – and building relationships whenever you can
- If it wasn’t for these relationships he couldn’t have done it on his own. We finish off talking about the value of building tight knitted friendships and developing something that truly matters.
Thanks for dropping by and joining us for this marvelous edition of Turndog Talks To
Have a most lovely day,
Turndog – @turndog_million